Good afternoon blog world? How are you this fine Friday? I am in high spirits. It was quite the busy and intense week for me and I am not only glad that the weekend is here but that I am able to take off, get out of town, and not even think about work for awhile!
Sorry for not posting as much this week but as I said it was pretty crazy busy but in a good way. I stuck to my eating plan for the week pretty well and I still have 25 of my Weekly Points Plus allowance left as we head into the weekend. Just to give you an example of how I fit in some rather indulgent meals, or meals that I didn’t plan or make, here is what I ate yesterday.
- 3/4 C Cranberry Maple Steel Cut Oats
- 1 C Skim Milk
- 1 Banana
- 1 piece of whole wheat toast with
- 1 TBSP natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp. of low sugar jam
- Back on Track Wheat Berry Salad
- 1 Orange
Dinner (at Church)
- 1 piece of veggie lasagna
- handful of raw veggies
- 1/2 C mixed berries
- 1 bread stick
- 1 cookie <———(My treat for the night)
I was satisfied both physically and taste wise with these choices and didn’t feel like I missed out on anything. Most of my other meals at church were similar. I didn’t find it hard at all to make mostly healthy choices and also include a treat each night. I was easily able to stay with in my PP target using only a few of my weekly PP allowance.
I am heading out of town shortly to visit my Aunt and cousin. I know that there will be some dining out as well as some “unknown” meals. Here’s my plan for the weekend
- Get in some exercise. I brought along my running clothes and shoes and I know where a YMCA is located. Since I belong to a YMCA here I am able to us other locations across the country. I plan on getting up early tomorrow morning before the fun begins and hitting the Y for a run.
- Make healthy choices as much a possible (sticking to veggies, fruits, lean meat, whole grains, and low-fat dairy)
- Don’t be afraid to to indulge, I have the extra PP available, just don’t over do it.
- TRACK what I eat.
That last one is key for me. It is how I won’t “over do it.” I packed my journal for tracking as well as the Weight Watcher books that list all the foods and their PP values. In the past I have brought these items along but never used them. I am determined to break that habit this weekend. One thing I know that will help is that I have my meeting’s traveling journal. As I was leaving my meeting this week the leader said, “Would you take the traveling journal again? I forgot to ask if anyone in the meeting would take it.” I hesitated for a moment, knowing what my week had in store, and then accepted the challenge!
Honestly, it doesn’t matter to me if all this effort yields a weight loss at the scale this week. To me it’s all about forming new healthy eating habits that will stick with my a lifetime.
There is no wireless internet at my cousin or my aunt’s house. Rather than drag my computer along and search out a free Wi-Fi location I’m going to be unplugging for the whole weekend! I’ll be back with lots of pictures and a fun recap!
Hope you have a good one and see you Sunday night…maybe!