Hey there everyone! Happy Thursday to you!
1. This morning I was watching Good Morning America, my morning news show of choice, and Sam Champion the weatherman was in Chicago where it was a chilly –11. He mentioned on the air that a moment ago he had just seen a runner go by acting like the temperature was no big deal. For some reason I decided to Tweet him about this:
A few minutes later guess what happened?!?!?
I can’t believe Sam Champion “tweeted” me! I love that guy!
2. I made something very unique for lunch today and since it is a creation of my own I thought I’d share it with you.
Bulgur Chicken and Apple Salad
- 3 C. of cooked bulgur
- 1 can of of chicken
- 1 red delicious apple chopped into chunks
I cooked the bulgur in a 2 C of chicken broth and 1 C of water for some added flavor then added all the above ingredients together. I knew the salad needed some type of dressing. I was going to go for some simple mayo but looked in the fridge and only found REAL full fat mayo (not sure where that came from!). Not that there is anything wrong with that but I wanted something a little more healthy. I whipped up a variation of Angela’s Sweet and Tangy All Purpose Dressing. Here’s my version of it:
Kristin’s Sweet and Tangy Dressing
- 4 TBSP of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 TSP. of spicy mustard
- 2 TSP. of maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- Couple shakes of ground black pepper
- 3 TSP. of Olive oil.
Whisk it all together and pour over bulgur and chicken mixture.
It turned out pretty good. Initially I was going to eat this over a bed of lettuce but decided to make lettuce wraps instead.
They were a little tricky to make and didn’t stay together very well but they tasted delicious!
3. And now, the moment you’ve all been waiting for, my first vlog (video blog)! Since my blog is not “cool enough” (read I don’t pay WordPress enough to embed video) you’ll have to click the link. A lot of bloggers have been doing an “accent” post to show the world the way they say things and I thought since I have this fancy dancy web-cam built into my computer I thought I’d give it a try. I’ve also been told I have quite the strong Wisconsin accent so here it goes
Check out some of these other bloggers and their accent vlogs
Kath and her husband Matt
If you would like to participate here is the list of words and the questions please leave me a comment and let me know you did this, I’d love to hear your accent!
The Accent Vlog: Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught
- What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
- What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
- What do you call gym shoes?
- What do you say to address a group of people?
- What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
- body and extremely long legs?
- What do you call your grandparents?
- What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
- groceries at the supermarket?
- What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
- What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Have a great day!